ASD & Aspergers
At YLYS we focus on supporting each person to live independently within their local community. We want those with ASD and Aspergers to receive the support they need and to be valued within a society which is understanding and accepting.
We can help focus on the things that matter in addition to some of the wider possible issues. For example, effective communication, self-care, living skills, social networks, work, relationships, managing mental health, addictions and dependency, personal finances, responsibilities, identity and self-esteem, trust and hope.
We aim to ensure consistency of approach and successful achievement of outcomes, through a process of defining, recording and measuring outcomes which are embedded into a daily routine.
- Detailed and specific structures to achieve social interaction, communication and independence skills,
- Highly planned and structured activities,
- Consistency and stability for the individual in their environment and in all communications,
- Continuous motivation and positive interaction,
- Specialised training for our support team,
- Access to sensory environments.