We support and encourage the people we support to take increased choice and control of their lives – enabling them to live the lives they choose free from harm.
We recognise we need to manage risk and help people to be safe in their communities.
We believe that safeguarding approaches need to work for everyone that we support. Integral to our approach is the full involvement of each person and their circle of support, our staff and other involved organisations.
We work in partnership to ensure that for each person a detailed analysis of risks is undertaken which include the benefits of taking considered risks.
We support the 10 Dignity Do’s which are:
- Have a zero-tolerance of all forms of abuse
- Support people with the same respect you would want for yourself or a member of your family
- Treat each person as an individual by offering a personalised service
- Enable people to maintain the maximum possible level of independence, choice and control
- Listen and support people to express their needs and wants
- Respect people’s right to privacy
- Ensure people feel able to complain without fear of retribution
- Engage with family members and carers as care partners
- Assist people to maintain confidence and positive self-esteem
- Act to alleviate people’s loneliness and isolation